No Dawn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Dawn

No Dawn's Guild Forum

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE,

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kagrra
puKKa-desu
Kagrra

!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, Empty
PostSubject: !VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE,   !VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Welcome to my crappy guide how to install and setup ventrilo, if you have any questions, PM me ingame, reply to thread(post!), or contact me on msn.

1. VENTRILO GET, INSTALL
2. PROFILE
3. SETTINGS
4. MICROPHONE

1. VENTRILO GET
First, download this file: http://www.pisk.org/download/ventrilo/ventrilo_client-2.1.4-Windows-i386.exe
Just click next, next until you get to finish and push that as well. Now you got ventrilo installet1 SHITSET IMBA! orz

2. PROFILE
So, now you've clicked on that ventrilo shortcut and you get this crap up:
"There is a new crappy version ov ventrilo out that costs shitloads of money! GET / CANCEL is your choices, I recommend CANCEL.

Now then, click the arrow on the pic:
!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, 1

You will get this shit up, click NEW, type your ingame nick or desired nick on ventrilo. Hit OK. Hit OK again and you will be back to the start with the arrows etc.
!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, 2

Click the arrow right of the server text as on the image:
!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, 3

This image will pop up, click NEW and type whatever name you want to be associated with our ventrilo server.
!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, 3

Server settings:
Hostname or IP: p.pishi.se
Port number: 3784
Password: dawn4ever

!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, 4

Hit OK, you are now back to the start again now hit CONNECT to see if it works. If it does next step dude..

3. SETTINGS

Now hit the SETUP... button. this will come up:
!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, 5

If you want to have key that as long as you hold it you will send whatever comes from your mouth to the rest in the channel. Check "USE Push-To-Talk Hotkey", then select the text field right of "Hotkey" a bit down and click the button you want. I recommend this setting since setting up sensitivity to auto detect talking is just troublesome. I use the CAPS-key for talking since it's pretty much unused even if it can result to some unintentional caps-messages. But remember, CAPSLOCK IS AUTOPILOT FOR COOL!

To the right you have settings for what sounds card to use etc. If you only have one soundcard just use Default wave mapper as shown in the image. Set the other settings(Mixer, Mux and Line) to what it says on the image. Mixer will be something else than "SB X-Fi Audio [AC00]" since that is my soundcard and I have two soundcards but there should only be one card to choose from there.

Next is the volume-settings.
Hardware is effecting both your outgoing volume and incomming. This is not avaible to chance on some systems but you shouldnt really have to change it from default.

Outbound is for how loud you are to the others on ventrilo and incomming is how loud the others are heard for you. Just poke them around and have someone tell you how it sounds.

4. MICROPHONE
This is only if you can't be heard at all or if you can barely be heard on ventrilo.

Double-click the volume control on your taskbar in windows:
!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, 6

A window will pop up. Click on "Options" then "Properties". Select "Recording" and hit "Ok". You will now get a "Advanced"-button under the "Microphone" control. Click it and check "1 Microphone +20dB Boost". Then

* still editing the post so it's not complete yet if you for some reason would come to the forums that no one visits.. MOAR LURKING PLZ
Back to top Go down
http://lastarc.net
Alori
Lemming

PostSubject: Re: !VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE,   !VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 9:14 pm

Sooo...what if you can't connect?
Back to top Go down
Kagrra
puKKa-desu
Kagrra

PostSubject: Re: !VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE,   !VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 3:54 am

Might have timed it badly with me fixing the server. Otherwise you have to unlock the ports that is used for ventrilo.
Back to top Go down
http://lastarc.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE,   !VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE, Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

!VENTRILO SETUP AND INSTALL GUIDE,
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
No Dawn :: The inn-
Jump to: